- Translation of personal documents:
The main types of personal documents include the following: passport, diploma, certificate, Certificate of Birth, Certificate of Marriage, driving license, etc.
Most often together with translation of passports, diplomas, certificates and other similar documentation there is notarization of the translation or certification of the translation agency with a seal. If these documents are to be used abroad, you can also order a translation with the following legalization or Apostille.
- Translation of medical documents:
Medical translation is one of the most difficult types of translation. It requires from translators and editors not only the experience of working with such texts, but also education and training. In addition, the health and human destiny often depends on the accuracy and correctness of translation of medical texts.
What can be attributed to the medical translation?
- Translation of medical articles;
- Translation of medical reports;
- Translation of medical certificates
- Translation of pharmaceutical texts (annotations to drugs, research and testing of drugs);
- Translation of medical textbooks and manuals;
- Translation of medical curriculum and scientific medical articles;
- Translation of the accompanying and customs documentation for the medical equipment or drugs.
- Translation of financial documents:
Financial translation plays an important role in today’s business world. Therefore, the demand for translation of the economic and financial area is rather high.
Successful completion of the translation of financial documents depends on the choice of a translator. Such a translator shall possess economic and financial terminology, shall be good at the accounting principles, and shall know the fundamentals of the economy and the structure of the standard documents.
Our company is guided by these criteria in choosing the translator for each specific order.
- Translation of legal documents and contracts;
- Translation of technical documents and instructions;
- Translation of web-sites;
- Translation of presentations:
Of course, not every one of us is faced with the problems of presentation, and especially with the translation of presentations. But it is not about students or, about companies. These subjects almost every day are faced with presentations at speeches and other official events. Translators separate the following types of translation of slides:
- Text presentation is the most common form of presentations. For example, let’s consider the “ordinary” presentation at the University. This is the usual selection of slides bearing information, sometimes broken into graphic images. The degree of difficulty of such a work for the translator is practically zero. The main thing is that the image should be “understandable” and there should not be any copyright abbreviated words. To make a translation on the slides is practically the same for a translator as in Word. It should be noted that the translator shall not make additional efforts technically and use the programs by substituting the translation instead of the original phrases, without disturbing the formatting.
- Presentation of average complexity is a presentation, constructed not only on the text information, but with adding various graphic images (diagrams, graphs, tables). In the translation of this presentation a translator spends the “lion’s” share of his/her time on writing in his/her translation into the graphics. At the same time, again let’s not forget that the translator should have no problems when replacing the original phrases for translation. In the average the translator’s labor costs for such work is 200% -300% of the standard one.
- Presentation for the international seminars. As much information is squeezed in each slide as possible. Almost entirely such a presentation consists of complex schemes and organigrams. The translator shall deal this entire “web” separately, painstakingly inserting each translated phrase in the right place. And in this case the translator shall face the problem of .pdf files. It is very difficult to insert phrases in such a format. As a rule, the information is submitted in very small printing type, and very often in the “specific” printing type. When the translator inserts the translated phrases, very often in such schemes this or that starts to “go behind” or the scheme disappears at all. In each individual case all depends on the “technical nature”.
The list of the most frequent problems when translating slides and presentations shall be as follows:
Often translation of presentations assumes that the translator has the commercial program compatible with that version in which the original presentation is made. From my own experience I can say that it is the most convenient for a translator to work with Power Point. In addition there are often problems with the Russian printing types.
The ability to edit the presentation in .pdf format is an illusion. Those, who have never faced it, cannot understand it. As a rule, copying through the communication buffer so distorts the table that you shall rebuild it from the very beginning. On this basis the translation technology means the following: the translator shall manually make the whole text and structured material, then he/she cuts the necessary illustrations from the original and shall insert them in his/her file. That is, the presentation is made practically from scratch. In any case, there shall be the “native knowledge” of a foreign language.
Unique presentation shall be prepared more than one day. Pictures, diagrams, schemes and others are usually made by people who make it at the professional level. Therefore, one cannot demand an “operational” translation from a translator. The translator performs the double work. It is the same as to demand from the designer to make a translation from the Ancient Greek language. The expression style in presentations is peculiar. Skipping from one topic to another, unfinished thoughts, and fragmentary are characteristic of presentations. Sometimes there are a lot of abbreviations – all this complicates the work of the translator.
Summing up the results of the topic “Translation of Presentations” we want to note that a translator shall possess not only the language, but also shall have storage of “technical knowledge”. And to proceed with performing the task based on the spent time, rather than on the “characters with no spaces”.
- Translation by sworn and accredited translators;
- Translation of literary texts;
- Apostille, consular legalization:
Apostille (from French – Apostille) means a special Apostille stamp, certifying the authenticity of the signatures, the status of persons, seals; confirmation of signatures and seals on official documents, and the Apostille makes these documents valid in all member countries of the Hague Convention.
Ukraine joined the Hague Convention on January 10, 2002, the Convention came into effect on December 22 2003, then 98 Member-States to the Convention declined in the relations with Ukraine from the requirement for the full consular legalization of official documents and Ukraine moved to a simplified Apostille procedure.
Apostille except for authentication of a signature and the competence of the person, who signed (issued) an official document, also, in some cases, certifies the authenticity of the stamp or seal, affixing the document. Apostille cannot be used if there are legal grounds for canceling or simplifying the legalization of a document issued by a separate state.
Apostille shall be issued at the request of the person who signed the document or of any bearer of the document.
Apostille shall be affixed on the following:
- On the documents coming from the judiciary authority of Ukraine;
- On the documents coming from the prosecution authorities of Ukraine, bodies of justice;
- On the administrative documents;
- On the documents of education and academic degrees;
- On the documents issued by public and private notaries;
- On the official certificates, made on the documents signed by the persons in their private capacity, such as official certificates of registration of a document or fact, existed on a certain date, and official and notarized signatures
Apostille shall be affixed on the following:
- On the documents issued by foreign diplomatic institutions of Ukraine;
- On the administrative documents directly related to the commercial or customs operations;
- On the documents of correspondence nature;
In accordance with the order of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine dated August 13, 2014 “On Amendments to the Rules of Apostille on the Official documents for Use in Other Countries”, Apostille is allowed to be made on copies (photocopies), certified in accordance with a notary procedure:
- Passport documents;
- Military ID;
- Work Record Books;
- Permit to carry weapons;
- Certificate of registration of transport vehicles (technical data sheets);
- Identification Card;
Two countries, Germany and Belgium that exercised their right to object to the accession of Ukraine continued not to recognize the Ukrainian Apostille.
The caution of Belgium concerning the effect of the Convention in legal relations with Ukraine was removed from July 5, 2004.
The caution of Germany concerning the effect of the Convention in legal relations with Ukraine was removed from July 22, 2010.
The Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated January 18, 2003 No.61 the powers and authority to issue the Apostille has been provided for the following:
Ministry of Justice of Ukraine – on documents issued by judicial authorities, the courts and notaries of Ukraine;
Ministry of Education and Science – on official documents issued by educational institutions, government agencies, enterprises and organizations related to education and science;
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine – on all other types of documents;
State Registration Service – on the documents issued by this service and structural subdivisions of the territorial bodies of the Ministry of Justice to ensure the implementation of the powers of the State Registration Service.
Apostille has a form of a square with sides of 10 × 10 cm, which contains the following text:
- Notarial certification of translations